Barbara Backer-Gray D-E Translating Quality translations from Dutch to English email@example.com
Translations from Dutch to English
In general I translate longer texts (minimum 1,000 words) from Dutch to English, with reasonable deadlines. As you will see when you read my About Me page, I am a perfectionist, and I want to be sure that what I deliver is the best it can be. That's why I don't enjoy short rush jobs. Of course I make exceptions for existing clients.
I have translated literary texts by:
I have also translated for:
- Politie-opleidingsschool De Boskamp (2-year police college for entry-level police officers),
- Students of the Nederlandse Politie Academie (4-year police college for management level police officers),
- The Politievrouwen Netwerk (Police Women's Network),
- The International Police Women's Network
- Police training video developers
- The NLPVF/Nederlands Letterenfonds (Foundation for the Production and Translation of Dutch Literature)
- The University of Amsterdam, Communications Science Department
- SWOCC (Foundation for Scientific Research in Commercial Communications)
- Various individual authors
Areas of work
As a general rule, I translate in the field of social sciences. I have translated texts related to marketing, public relations, travel, biography, police, history, politics, war, and literature. I do not do any legal, medical, or technical translating.
Types of Texts
I have translated journal articles, conference presentations, academic theses, (non-)fiction books, short stories, samples (usually about 30 pages) of Dutch literature for promotion purposes, book reviews, short author biographies, and I have subtitled film.
What I Do
I am currently a regular translator for
WPG Publishers in Belgium.
Proofreading available for any English texts